Processes & Quality
Through the use of various standards and processes, Barfield is constantly striving to guarantee a high level of quality and flight safety. We pay attention to what our customers are saying and often work with them to achieve decreased maintenance through our product reliability program.
Barfield is fully committed to compliance with its quality and reliability programs as well as regulatory compliance. We are consistently reviewing reports and key indicators to identify problems that customers may encounter. This pro-active approach under our risk management program has proven to be an invaluable tool in identifying potential issues not just with the product but also the support.
Our formalized systems for assessing and managing risk are very instrumental for our Continuous Improvement Plan in both repairs and manufacturing.
Barfield is certificated under the following standards:
- FAA Part 145 Repair Station
- EASA Part 145 Repair Station
- AS 9100 D / ISO 9001:2015
- Barfield Precision Electronics LLC: Air Agency Certificate
The semi-annual review of our quality system aids in determining any adjustments that may need to be accomplished. It also reflects upon those areas where the Quality Plan is implemented and effective.
We are proud of the quality product that Barfield produces. Reliability is of utmost concern and taken very seriously by the company. “Zero tolerance” is our motto as we continue to raise the bar and continually pursue even higher standards.
DPS Series Digital Pitot Static Test Set and RVSM Air Data Test sets
- Industry leader for providing high accuracy calibration for Air Data Testers supporting RVSM certified aircraft.
- Our calibration services meet FAA requirements, are fully traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and include Incoming, Linearization and Outgoing test data reports.
- Complete software updates are provided to calibrated units.
- Barfield uses the highest quality standards including fully automated calibration processes to maximize accuracy and minimizes TAT.
- Loaner units available upon request (subject to availability).
1811 Series Analog & Digital Pitot Static Testers
Calibrate individual Analog & Digital Altimeters, Airspeeds and Vertical Speed indicators
- Over 65 years of providing calibration services for Pitot-Static testers designed to support aircraft certified for FAR 43 and/or 91-411 operations.
- Full Traceable NIST calibrations of Barfield series Analog, Digital and new Fully Automated Pitot-Static testers.
- All Pitot-Static units received are fully updated with the latest software and performance modifications.
Fuel Quantity Test Sets
Both AC and DC Fuel Quantity Testers. 2643G/GA, 2548G/H, 8000, AC2K, DC400A, DFQ40K and the associated aircraft adapter cables and modules:
- Industry leader for providing high accuracy Fuel Quantity calibration services.
- Our calibration services meet FAA requirements, are fully traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and include Incoming linearization and Outgoing test data reports.
- Calibration of insulation, voltage (as applicable) and both capacitance simulation and measurement using the latest technology.
- Barfield uses the highest quality standards including a modern automated process for calibrating the new generation DFQ40K over -25ºC to +55ºC temperature range.
2312G series, TT1000 Series, TT1200 series Turbine Temperature Testers and the associated aircraft adapter cables.
- The Barfield TT series testers are supported in both our Miami, FL and Tempe, AZ locations.
- Industry leader for providing support of high accuracy Type-K Turbine Temperature tester calibration.
- Our calibration services meet FAA requirements, are fully traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and include Incoming, Calibration and Outgoing test data reports.
- Calibration of resistance, insulation, millivoltage (as applicable) and Chromel-Alumel simulation and measurement using the latest technology.
- Barfield provides annual calibration of its SC063 Sight Compass.
- These services include cleaning, fluid replacement and magnetic compass calibration to within +/- 1 degree
- Barfield provides yearly certification of its 2311 series pressure testers. These services include cleaning, operational testing, lubrication, O-ring replacement and pressure testing up to 2X operational pressures.
- Barfield provides the yearly calibration services for both Analog or Digital pressure gauges used with the 2311 series. We have the calibration capability of pressure gauges up to 600 Psi.
- CT12A Cable Tensiometer
- Barfield supports its CT12A using a state-of-the-art fully automated Cable Tensiometer calibration bench that includes over 378 individual test points insuring the most high accuracy calibration.
ATEC 6 Series
The ATEC Series 6 – Spherea Automatic Test Equipment - is the world standard in automatic testers, mainly used at Barfield for testing control units and computers in Phoenix’s facility.
Go, no-go tests
The ATEC 5000 – Spherea Automatic Test Equipment – is mainly used at Barfield for control units and computers. Barfield has two ATEC 5000 in Miami and two in Louisville.
Go, no-go tests
Barfield Automatic Test Equipment “KATE” has been developed in-house by our engineering team in 2003. KATE is specially designed to offer comprehensive and configurable avionics test for panels, small computers, and indicators providing unsurpassable test accuracy.
Barfield has two KATE in its Miami Headquarters, one in its facility of Phoenix (AZ) and one in its facility of Louisville (KY).
- Test & Troubleshooting
- Go, no-go tests
- Partial test
- Regional Jet
The Aeroflex Iris 2000 is a modular general purpose Automatic Test Equipment system capable of testing a wide variety of avionics Line Replaceable Units. The IRIS 2000 is the only ATE that combines the testing of RF, analog and digital LRU’s in one ATE system. Barfield has 2 IRIS 200 in Miami.
Hydraulic Test Bench
With its state-of-the-art and industry leader Avtron hydraulic bench, Barfield continuously strengthens its repair capability on hydraulic components for the Airbus, Boeing, ATR families such as servos, valves, selectors, uplocks, pump, manifolds, filters and accumulators.
Available at Barfield: the Avtron H345 Hydraulic Test Stand, the Avtron H502 Pump Motor Stand, the Avtron H700 Automatic Data Acquisition System for actuators, pumps and motor pumps, valves, Manifolds and servo-controls.