Founded in 1945, Barfield has six facilities located near airports in Miami (MIA), Phoenix (PHX), Louisville (SDF), Atlanta (ATL), Doral (MIA) and Medley (MIA), to satisfy the needs of customers operating commercial or regional aircraft in North, Central and South America.
Barfield is part of the Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance (AFI KLM E&M) network, a major MRO provider. With a workforce of 14,000, AFI KLM E&M offers technical support for airlines, ranging from airframe maintenance to engine overhaul and repair and supply of components.
Barfield is a FAA and EASA Certified Repair Station offering maintenance services to major passengers, cargo and regional airlines in the Americas.
Barfield’s support services are organized into the following three main activities: Adaptive services, Distribution and Ground Support Test Equipment (GSTE). Barfield is also an authorized repair facility for major European and U.S. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
More specifically, through its Airline programs division, Barfield supplies complete customized support programs for Airbus, Boeing, Regional jet and Turboprop aircraft, as well as helicopter operators. These programs support operators in need of inventory, logistics solutions, repair management programs, engineering fleet support and component reliability management.
Barfield is also a GSTE manufacturer of Air Data/Pitot Static testers, RVSM Air Data testers, APU testers, Cable Tensiometers testers, Fuel Quantity testers, Pressure testers, Nav/Comm Transponder test sets, Pitot/Static Adapters and Turbine Temperature testers.
To build the best MRO group in the Americas
Four values drive our actions
- CUSTOMER FOCUS We strive to provide the best services to our customers
- INTEGRITY We are personally accountable for the highest standards of ethical behavior
- TEAMWORK We are committed to a teamwork environment
- ADAPTABILITY In an ever-changing world, we are adaptable to the require challenges
- Safety and Security in the products and repair services it provides.
- Safety is a central concern in aviation and therefore for Barfield, as is the safety of our workforce.
- Serving our Customers is number one in our daily activities and work place.
- Barfield Employees are the key to our success and held in high regard….our #1 asset
- Providing cost competitive solutions to assist our customers grow profitably.
- Continuous improvement with a focus on reliability and efficiency….Lean driven.
- Listening to our customers both external and internal.
- Cooperative approach to management and problem solving.
- Giving back to the aviation industry, developing professionals and growing in order to continue making investments in the future.
70+ years of history
Barfield Instrument Corporation is founded by James W. Barfield
1988 Creation of Barfield Inc.
Aerospatiale purchases a 49% interest in Barfield Instrument Corp. from James W. Barfield and it is renamed Barfield Inc.
Aerospatiale purchases the remaining 51% of Barfield Inc.
Barfield Inc. becomes part of Aerospatiale’s Sogerma subsidiary
EADS is formed and Barfield Inc. becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of EADS
Barfield is renamed EADS Sogerma Barfield Inc. by EADS meanwhile Aero Technologies, under entrepreneurial leadership, opens a 32,000 square foot component repair station in Miami, Florida in close proximity to Miami International Airport.
Aero Maintenance Group (AMG) a limited liability holding company is formed by the owners of Aero Technologies with the purpose of adding other repair stations with additional repair capabilities and support programs to serve the aviation industry. AMG acquires Air-Pro a leading manufacturer and distributor of hose assemblies serving a worldwide customer base for over forty years.
2005 Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance, seeking to expand its repair and parts support activity in the Americas, acquires forty percent ownership of AMG.
AMG & Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance open the Miami Logistics Center a 25,000 square foot facility in close proximity to Miami International Airport to provide material support, warehousing and logistic services to airlines in the Americas.
Sabena technics acquires EADS Sogerma Barfield Inc. from EADS & renames it Barfield Inc.
AMG acquires Precision Electronics, Atlanta, GA a leading regional aircraft component repair station.
Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance completes the acquisition of AMG in January and continues to invest in repair development, equipment, human resources.
2014 Barfield acquired by AFI KLM E&M
Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance acquires Barfield Inc.
2017 Barfield: the main brand of AFI KLM E&M in the USA
On April 3rd, 2017, the US subsidiaries of AFI KLM E&M are now all gathered under the Barfield trademarked brand.
Chief Executive Officer
VP Human Resources
VP Legal Affairs
Chief Financial Officer
VP Sourcing, Material Management & Information Systems
Sissi DE LA ESPRIELLA
VP Human Resources
SVP Operations & Airline programs
SVP Sales & Customer Service
VP GSTE & Distribution
VP Pricing & Marketing and Communication
Olivier PELLOUX PRAYER
VP Strategy and Special Project
Barfield Precision Electronics
Vice President / General Manager - Barfield Precision Electronics
- Worldwide customer base
- Offices and representation globally
- Major repair stations in Miami, FL, Atlanta, GA, Louisville, KY, and Phoenix, AZ
- 500 full time employees with a wide array of experience and talents
- Technical team including engineering, technical support, information technology and aircraft and power plant licensed personnel
- Over 3000 component repair offerings including pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical, power generation, fuel, avionics, transmissions and instruments
- Strong focus on Boeing (B737,747,757,767,777) Airbus (A320 family) and major regional aircraft (Bombardier, Embraer, ATR) component repair programs
- Servicing the world’s leading airline operators including over 600 active customers
- Diverse team combining years of experience, varied backgrounds and cultures, young professionals and dedicated employees