Barfield has in-house capabilities to test, repair, and/or overhaul avionics, instrument, hydraulic and electronic components in excess of 25,000 part numbers that span all aircraft markets: commercial, including both Boeing and Airbus, corporate, regional, helicopter, and general aviation.
An authorized warranty repair station
Barfield also serves as an authorized warranty repair station for 30 European and US Original Equipment Manufacturers. You can also count on us for the repair of avionics instruments, accessories, and radio equipment manufactured by Honeywell, Collins, Thales, Kollsman, Bendix, Gables, and many other OEMs. Moreover, we provide crew seats and hydraulics components such as servos, pumps, valves, actuators, etc.
AOG Support 24/7
We provide our customers full AOG support 24/7. Our engineering and reliability team works directly with our customers and OEM's to monitor analysis and develop reliability enhancements to improve on wing time and reduce our customers operational cost.
A unique know-how
Through our strong expertise and our highly qualified staff of professionals, Barfield has developed a unique know-how in component repair & overhaul services. Barfield currently certifies more than 29,000 components in-house every year. Our large capability of technologies is available on time & material, flat rate or power by the hour basis.
Nose to tail programs
Barfield has been providing nose to tail support programs for more than two decades. As part of AFI KLM E&M, the company understands airline requirements and is committed to build a customized and cost effective maintenance support program which includes key solutions:
- Repair solution: extensive in-house capabilities, vendor administration, OEM (warranty administration)
- Asset solutions: optimized main base & pool, financing/leasing, inventory management, expendable/consumables support
- Logistic solutions: AOG support, a global logistics network through AFI KLM E&M
- Engineering solutions: component engineering support, reliability component management
Your 24/7 rotables solution
Barfield provides you with solutions meeting your rotables needs from exchanges to outright sales that are available to support your AOG and rush requirements. High demand LRU’s are certified and available for immediate delivery based on 24/7 AOG.
Power Drive Unit
- PDU- Power Drive Units are found in the belly of the aircraft and assist in the loading of cargo via power rollers positioned to move crates and other freight thru the loading process.
- Aero Technologies has developed specific repairs in house to reduce our customers repair costs on Power Drive Units. The PDU unit for aircraft cargo handling systems includes an electric motor and a drive roller mounted on for rotation about an axis parallel to the motor output shaft for engagement with cargo to be driven by the unit.
- A planetary gear differential and a torque control arrangement couple the motor output shaft to a self-erecting mechanism for lifting the unit into engagement with cargo, and to the drive roller for propelling the cargo.
- A scrub sensor is coupled to the drive roller for modulating application of electrical power to the motor when the drive roller is scrubbing against cargo engaged by the roller.
- Radio communication and navigation systems
- Cockpit panels
- Autopilot computers
- BSCU, BTMU, FWC
- Fuel computers
- Pitot probes
- Position detectors
- Emergency Locator Transmitter
- Brake transmitters
- L.G. electric boxes
- THSA- Trim Horizontal Stabilizer Actuator is a very sophisticated component that controls the stabilizer via hydraulic and electro-mechanical inputs. Aero Technologies has in house repair capability on the A320 family THSA as well as other fleet types.
- Horizontal Stabilizer Trim Systems change the angle of attack of an aircraft's horizontal stabilizer in order to trim the aircraft for optimal aerodynamic performance.
- Fuel probes
- Fuel flowstransmitters
- Fuel heaters
- Fuel controls
- Fuel pressure switches
- Fuel selector indicator
- Fuel control modelling assembly
- Fuel quantity compensator
- Fuel Pump
- IDG- Integral Drive Generators combine the technologies of generating electricity and maintaining it at a consistent flow; eliminating the need to have both a constant speed drive (CSD) and a generator. The inspection and attention to details in building are critical to reliability so that the unit can operates for many flight hours.
- On aircraft such as the Airbus A310, Airbus A330, Airbus A340, Boeing 747-100 and 777, an Integrated Drive Generator (IDG) is used. This unit is simply a CSD and an oil cooled generator inside the same case.
- Troubleshooting is simplified as this unit is the line-replaceable electrical generation unit on the engine. CSDs are mainly used on airliner jet engines to drive the alternating current (AC) electrical generator.
- In order to produce the proper voltage at a constant AC frequency, usually 3-phase 115 VAC at 400 Hz, a generator needs to spin at a constant specific RPM (typically 6,000 RPM for air-cooled generators).
- Since the jet engine gearbox speed varies from idle to full power, this creates the need for the Constant Speed Drive (CSD). The CSD takes the variable speed output of the accessory drive gearbox and hydro-mechanically produces a constant output RPM.
- Hydraulic Pumps
- Hydraulic Motor
- Servo control Actuator
- Autoflight Actuators
- Hydraulic valves
- Crew seats
- Tachometer generators
- Air valves
- Angle of attack sensors
- Air filters
- Smoke detectors
- GMT4190-xxx Digital Clocks installed on EMB135, EMB145, Bombardier CRJ200, CRJ700.
- We offer "best in the industry" repair costs and quality utilizing our DER Repair Specs. Call for details !
- Exchanges stocked for A.O.G. situations
- Saving operators thousands of dollars with our PMAs and Repair Specs.
- We developed a PMA replacement circuit board for the HBOV valve that has basically eliminated pre-mature failures.
- Our full PMA of the 5483-X-X Attendant Handsets installed on the EMB135, EMB145, CRJ200, and CRJ700 has given operators a more reliable product at a fraction of the OEM price.
- Control Panels, Annunciator Panels, and PSU Panels are just a few examples of accessories we service.
Emergency Escape Slides
- Air-Pro has factory trained technicians inspecting, inflating, repairing and repacking emergency slides (Federal Aviation Administration requires slides on all aircraft doors where the floor is 6 feet (1.8 m) or more above the ground).
- Attention to the packing is critical in the size, fit and function of emergency slides. Most aircraft have slides installed at emergency/exit doors throughout the aircraft that are deployed via a compressed air system.
- Evacuation slides are packed and held within the door structure inside the slide bustle, a protruding part of the inside of an aircraft door that varies in size depending on both the size of the aircraft and the size of the door.
- Many, but not all slides are also designed to double as life rafts in case of a water landing.
- The testing and recertification of fire extinguishers is an extremely important aspect in flight safety.
- Located in various positions within an aircraft should a fire develop the extinguishers are called on to keep the aircraft safe through landing NFPA 408, 2-1.4, "Standard for Aircraft Hand Portable Fire Extinguishers," states: "All aircraft hand portable fire extinguishers shall function properly at temperature ranges from -40 degrees F to 120 degrees F."
- Aircraft emergency oxygen systems are emergency equipment fitted to pressurized commercial aircraft, intended for use when the cabin pressurization system has failed and the cabin altitude has climbed above a safe level.
- It consists of a number of individual oxygen masks designed for pilot use and other stored in compartments above passenger seats, and some form of central oxygen generator.
- The two most common types of cylinders used in aircraft gaseous oxygen systems are steel cylinders and composite cylinders. Steel cylinders can be divided into two categories: 3AA and 3HT cylinders.
- DOT 3AA 1800 (3AA) cylinders are standard industrial size steel cylinders found mostly in older airplanes. They are being replaced with 3HT cylinders.
- 3HT cylinders are high-tensile steel cylinders. They have a thinner wall than 3AA cylinders, thereby affording a weight savings. Even lighter than either of the steel cylinder types are composite cylinders. They are typically aluminum-lined cylinders with a Kevlar™ overwrap.
- Many airframe manufacturers are now either installing composite cylinders in their aircraft or offering them as an option due to the weight savings.
- Aircraft Engine Wire Harness- A cable harness, also known as a wire harness, cable assembly, wiring assembly or wiring loom, is an assembly of cables or wires which transmit signals or electrical power.
- The cables are bound together by straps, cable ties, cable lacing, sleeves, electrical tape, conduit, a weave of extruded string, or a combination thereof.
- The wires are first cut to the desired length, usually using a special wire-cutting machine. The wires may also be printed on by a special machine during the cutting process or on a separate machine.
- After this, the ends of the wires are stripped to expose the metal (or core) of the wires, which are fitted with any required terminals or connector housings. The cables are assembled and clamped together on a special workbench, or onto a pin board (assembly board).
Sales of Aircraft Rotables and Expendable parts
- Full service provider of surplus airframe rotable and expendable parts.
- Consignment partner for some of the world’s largest airlines, which augments our own large inventory.
- Provide purchasing services, repair management and inventory leasing
- Large inventory of commercial and regional jet airframe parts are available for sale and/or exchange around the clock to service your AOG needs.